Tuesday

cofusion in who?

I’ve always said that I know who I am, that I’m comfortable in my own skin – but do you ever find yourself in a setting that you’re not accustomed to yet somehow identify yourself with it? For example, there’s a type of girl that lives my neighborhood, not at all a bad type, but definitely one I can categorize. Even though I don’t resemble them, I feel like I’m a little bit of what they are just because I live there. Though, I don’t have any of their mannerisms or speech annunciations. It’s hard to explain…in some way, I’m a Ridgewood girl born and raised.

Whenever I listen to something other than rock, I feel both exhilarated and afraid that my rock side will find out I’m cheating on it.

Whenever I swear my sweater Ugg resembling boots, I feel like I belong in Long Island.

Whenever I find myself in a bar, I feel like I should’ve gone to NYU.

All these conflicting interests confuse me yet I embrace it because otherwise I’d be a damned boring girl.

No comments: