Thursday

Summer

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice. Summer has always had a special place in my life. I think it's the first love I've really felt. I mean, I know I have parents. I love them. I will speak of them later on...but Summer, it took me and never let me go. It picked me up, guided me, filled my soul with a feeling I am sure can only be love and burning adoration.

The first real Summer I enjoyed was in the 2008. My Father had gone away to Romania, I was left with 300 dollars, an empty home and complete freedom. I was frightened and excited and happy all at once. The beginnings of adulthood and first experiences began that Summer. My bike was my method of travel. I didn't really see it as transportation though, it was like liberation... it was my method to my madness, the paved road to places I felt an insanely possessive desire to visit. All I wanted to feel like was to feel alive..and like i'm someone, a bicycle helped alleviate that hankering wanting. 

Being on the bike, riding it at night, letting it wisp me away in any direction, feeling the cool wind among the envelopment of Summer warmth, getting lost without worry... the loveliness and purity of it all was arresting and spectacular. 

My awareness of my surroundings and accepting them without needing interpretation... just acceptance as a thing of beauty was a way of existence I adopted organically--it had happened without awareness; it felt as if it had been a part me always. It is a prime example of when change is good and wonderful in all its mysterious presence.

To think that a bicycle sort of fueled all these internal changes is a bit odd and I know it but I don't care. The ability to go from place to place is magical to me. I find whatever I find to be beautiful because it feels natural to me and that is how I lead my life. 

-----

My Summer continued onto a sea of beach visits, falling in love with the ocean, filling pages with poems and observations and learning about myself. Summer had blessed me and shown me beauty, she showed me love, she showed me life. 





No comments: