Friday

Reality.

The following is some commentary I wrote in response to an innovative psychology book. I wrote this in April of 2011 I believe.






Reading a book called Reality Therapy. It's based on a new approach to therapy, whether it be voluntary or involuntary. It's honestly brilliant.. I hate admitting that I find myself in one particular case-study discussed.. but not to the same self-destructive degree as he is described.

This boy resents his mother because she spends all her time with her boyfriend and not where she should, with her young troubled son. He becomes destructive, rebellious, verbally abusive to all around him and generally quite sensitive. He lacks the ability to process and execute a response to any kind of frustration. He cannot find friends or companions because no one seeks him out because of his destructive and frankly, horrific ways so in response, he gives the impression of not having a desire to even have a friend from the beginning. The, "I don't want friends anyway, so fuck all of you" attitude. He refuses to discuss anything concrete or in relation to his situation.
The most noticeable and perhaps, the most self destructive issue

No comments: