Saturday

The things we want.

Lately, I've been having a lot of retrospective, out-of-body exterior type moments; I'm pretty sure it's the weather getting warmer and closer to when I feel the most alive (and strangely enough, lonely): Summer... I could be wrong though... no one knows for sure why things happen.. it's all speculation.

There's tons of new changes and experiences I've had as of late. When I think of them in passing, i'm not convinced they're anything significant but when I let the reality of them sink in... I come to the realization that they ARE significant and that they're good for me. There's been a job that has come and go so quickly that I can't really believe I ever really worked in such a environment. When you're in it, they make it seem like it's completely acceptable to sell your soul to complete strangers. When you're out of it... you shed the layer of superficiality. I do... I don't think they do. I think they live in it and I pity them.

Why do we care so much about things? About gadgets getting smaller and smaller with more and more functionalities? We have forgotten to communicate with a buffer, without the permission from a small device allowing us a distance we wouldn't have fathomed 60 years ago. It's fucking frightening.

--

I want just a couple of achievements in life, nothing grandiose, nothing extremely spectacular. Just enough success to be able to buy food to eat for myself, a cat, and a man, I hope, for a small home in a cute town, and that's all. I don't care about a car, about fancy tv's, about necklaces and rings. I don't think I ever have. I just want a little success. I'm solely responsible for my success and I intent to achieve it.
I would like love. Pure and simple, I just wish it can ever be pure and simple.

That is all. 


No comments: