Friday

Architecture.

The most brilliant writing I have ever read is undoubtedly by Ayn Rand -- The Fountainhead. I have always hated reiterating one single thing over another since I like my horizons expanded in terms of knowledge however, I cannot seem to distance myself from this book.
When I walk the streets of New York, I think of how the characters walked the same pavements, they drank coffee in the same corner shop etc...
It makes me remember how the small the city can really be.
It makes me think how beautiful words, when put together correctly, can really be.
It makes me remember how every living creature has their own microcosm, how they all live their lives in their own little worlds and how everything that matters is applicable to just them.
D. Francon, Howard, Roark, Gail Wynand, Elsworth Toohey, Peter Keating...all these characters lives overlap, intertwine and run parallel to each other. It's so beautiful and terrifying all at once. It all centers around Francon and Howard. They are the center. It's incredible how just those two people can affect so many aspects of society and how everyone outside that little world is so oblivious to the fact they they are the core of everything.
I love how Ayn Rand brought in the Depression, the Roaring 20's, actual facts and events are intertwined with a genuinely beautiful story.
It is beautiful beyond any description I could every provide.

No comments: