Friday

Thoughts

Some thoughts.

I was getting off the train and a blind man asked where Union Square, 14th street. I told him this was Union and he said OH, where are the stairs? I showed where they were and followed him up the stairs. He was going straight towards the mall after that so I directed him towards the stairs until he could manage on his own.

This elerdly man, this complete stranger who appeared to be beautifully dressed is blind. Why him? I'm not aware of how his blindness developed, all I know is that this is his life; this is what he has to revolve his whole world around, his lack of sight. I can't even begin to fathom the perils of no sight and meanwhile, this man is just happy.

This man has reason to suffer beyond recognition and yet he's trustworthy of a stranger: me, and just genuinely happy. What about all the petty things people tend to stress? Are they even worth stressing? I admit, I'm guilty of this myself but who isn't?

This man just made me strangely aware of how dire sheer happiness is. We can't ever forget that all we know is this life we're in. There's millions of theories of the afterlife, of God(s), of reincarnation, of everything that we only theorize about but are never really sure about, but what about this life? I know what how I want to spend my life and what I want to pursue and what people I want to surround myseld by, and just be content with what I have now.




A friend of mine lost someone important. Whoever reads this, wether you're in Russia in or Alaska or right up my block...hope for the for this person, regardless of the fact that you don't know them. Blind faith and hope sometimes can do more than you know.






The year is coming to end. I think I've had a crazy but great year. I looked forward to this year ever since I discovered alcohol and other things. I have the rest of my life to do what I missed out this year but I still think i experienced a lot and learned a lot. I love my work and I'm extremely happy I've gotten this far.

Love is amazing thing. In all facets.

No comments: