Saturday

Pensativa

Yesterday, I was walking down Myrtle and I just stopped. My mind was racing all over the place. It's like, everything was happening simultaneously. It's like, I temporarily lost the ability to filter what I didn't want to think about with the latter. I stopped, put my palms on my temples, and just told myself to stop:
stop thinking, stop wondering, stop doubting, stop everything; but then what am I without thinking? Who I am is because I always think. If I don't think, then I won't progress, I'll never be inspired, I won't love, I won't hate, I won't feel anything ever. So realistically, how can I ask myself to stop everything? I'll just stay stagnant and forget what it's like to be Joan. And if forget how to be Joan, then really, who am I? So essentially, I'm back where I started however, I'm okay with that. The only thing is that I have to stop layering my thoughts so it can't make me crazy.

i love this place.

No comments: